Centre of Excellence
The Department of Civil Engineering endeavors to nurture the spirit of research activities among our faculty members and students and for that the Department has established partnership between industries on large scale to catalyze innovation and growth in technology. This would be instrumental in creating a skilled workforce, work-ready talent with specialist knowledge and practical training, and having opportunities to work on relevant technologies and challenging problems. With this aim and objective of creating better opportunities for students of Civil Engineering, the Department has established Centre of Excellence sponsored by AVEVA.
ABOUT AVEVA- BOCAD STEEL : Powerful structural detailing for efficient steelwork design and fabrication Accurate, detailed design is essential for the efficient and error free construction of any type of steelwork. AVEVA Bocad Steel™ provides class-leading productivity in structural steelwork, enabling consistently rapid, accurate design, fabrication and construction, for on-time, on-budget delivery of a high-quality project.
A proven, out-of-the-box application with an unrivalled track record on the most advanced structural design projects, AVEVA Bocad Steel can deliver value as a stand-alone steelwork solution or as part of an integrated AVEVA deployment. It is especially designed as a modern BIM/FIM solution for the Architectural Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry. This dedicated software is ideal for use by fabrication yards of all sizes, right up to large engineering contractors.
Benefits of BOCAD STEEL:
- Better design quality
- Better project control
- Better fabrication and construction quality
- More capability
- Easy to adopt
OBJECTIVES of COE :
- Making candidates market ready
- Making transition from old to intelligent technology
- Gaining competent industry exposure & practical skills
- Upgrading engineering knowledge with latest industry trends
- Improved university ranking
- May help in better University Accreditation
Outcome :Students will be able to:
- Develop efficient structural steel detailing and drawings
- Compute accurate material estimating and procurement.
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS BY LEARNING AVEVA BOCAD STEEL:
- Exposure to industry software .
- Better understanding of engineering concepts.
- Helpful in making student industry ready.
- Making candidates trained to use the tools that employers use.
- Improved prospects of better quality placements.
- Help candidates make the right career choice.
AVEVA- BOCAD TRAINING PHOTOS